Saturday, December 26, 2015

It was a good Christmas

Christmas has come and gone, and we actually had a very good Christmas this year.  Given how crappy the year had treated us so far, I was a little worried about the holiday, but things went well...other than Rebecca being sick, which because of all of the hours she's having to put in at work almost seems to be the norm.  The kids didn't get quite as many presents as usual, but they seemed to like them even more than usual.  We all ate too  much, played lots of games, and watched Harry Potter movies all day, so it was a good time.
Later in the night I was giving Eryn drum lessons, while the younger two tried to play with everything, and Rebecca refused to relax.  I kept telling her that I'd take care of the dishes, but she wouldn't listen...
Once the weather warms up, I'll be walking around in my Boba Fett letterman's jacket, and I'm walking around the house now in my R2-D2 slippers.  Most importantly, we enjoyed being together as a family, which is the most important part of the holiday season, no matter what holiday you celebrate.
Now reality has come back.  Rebecca is at work trying not to cough up a lung, and when she gets home, I'll be off to work.  Some things never seem to change.

No comments: