Sunday, September 22, 2013

Back to the intense pain

For the last couple of months, the chronic pain in my ribs has been hanging out around a two or three, with only an occasional flare up, but since Wednesday, we've been spending our time around an eight, with occasional shots of pain that go right off the scale.  Most of the 10+ pain incidents happen when I have to lift or move something heavy at work...unfortunately, this seems to happen quite often.
NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH: My guess is that the ribs have flexed into an unnatural position, which is causing them to strain everything around them, and until they "pop" back to where they need to be, I'm going to be in this intense pain.
Even taking heavy duty painkillers at night isn't really helping, and I'm exhausted from being woken up by the pain.  I'm so glad that the quack of a surgeon they sent me to couldn't find anything better to do than put me on medication that didn't work, and mostly made me want to blow my brains out.  Unfortunately, I'm currently uninsured, so I can't even go to my regular doctor.  I should have insurance again by the end of the year, but that's assuming that I keep my job, an assumption that isn't safe given the merger we're undergoing.
Some may think that Obamacare is the work of the devil, but as someone who suffers from chronic pain, I'm looking forward to it...especially given that insurance companies of the past could have denied me coverage.
For now, I'll suffer quietly, and hope that the little one stops trying to jump on me...

No comments: