Friday, August 04, 2006

Sudden realization

I was exchanging e-mails with a friend of mine who has never seen Star Wars...yeah, I know, why would I associate with someone like that?

Anyway, it suddenly dawned on me that next year will be the 30th anniversary of the first movie. That's almost impossible to believe! But there it is. In a way, I hope Lucas isn't planning anything, unless it's a public lynching of JarJar Biggs! The last three movies were disappointing to say the least, and in a way, I hope he lets it fade out.

On another note, there are a lot of great fan based ideas out there that I've been running into that are really good. I'll have to try and get a picture at one of the Cons with a storm trooper hawking my books. Now that would be an endorsement!!!

3 comments:

E.Jim Shannon said...

I saw in it's initial release, the first SW movie at a Drive-in theater of all places, in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver BC. I was 24 when SW came out. I recall when the movie was over, cars leaving the drive-in with horns honking in appreciation, including ours. For most of us that have seen the original SW movie release when it was out brings back a lot of memories. The only thing I didn't like about the last 3 movies was Jar Jar. It reduced SW to juvenile althought the last movie was decent.

Christin said...

I like all the Starwars movies, well...maybe not Episode I. The combination of young annoying Anakin and Jar Jar made me want to rip my hair out. But I LOVE II-VI!

But on a serious note...how can someone not have seen a single Star Wars movie?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!!!!!!???????!?!?!?!?!

J Alan Erwine said...

Movies 1-3...the last three released, were good movies, but I don't think they lived up to the Star Wars name.

The dialogue in the last one made me want to cringe, and they all seemed like they were video games...kind of like Lucas was planning on how to make even more money!

And Christin, it's Vik who's never seen any of them...so that shouldn't be too much of a surprise...