Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tour de France

I don't often post sports comments, since I'm not much of a sports fan, but I am a huge cycling fan. So, I just have to say that this is one of the best Tour de Frances that I've ever seen, and I've been watching them for about 20 years.

Who needs Lance? Without him to dominate the race, everything has been up in the air. Today there were so many break aways spread all over the mountains that they didn't have enough motorbikes and helicopters to keep track of everyone.

And anyone that says that cylcing is not a team sport should have watched today's stage. A huge breakaway went early in the stage, and as those riders were caught, they'd go to the front of the chase group and kill themselves trying to help their teammates that actually have the opportunity to win the race overall.

And what about Floyd Landis...another American winning in France...hope he can hold it all the way to Paris on Sunday!!!

No comments: