Wednesday, July 30, 2014

More dream attacks

People who have been reading this blog for a while might remember that a quack of a surgeon put me on neurontin a while back to deal with the chronic pain I suffer from.  The drug did nothing to help with the pain, but it did leave me with some nasty side effects.  I eventually weaned myself off of the crap, and decided to just deal with the pain.
One of the side effects that I suffered from was something that I started calling dream attacks.  In these dream attacks, I would have one bad dream or nightmare after another, most of them involving the death of a loved one.  They would go on an on all night, waking me up over and over again, and leaving me feeling completely exhausted and depressed in the morning.
Unfortunately, this is a side effect that has never entirely gone away.  I still suffer from these damn things every once in a while.  It's a horrible feeling laying in bed for eight hours a night dreaming about nothing other than the death of your loved ones.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if your doctor is ever considering putting you on this medication, please, please, please give it some serious thought.  I would not wish these feelings on anyone.


No comments: