Thursday, January 30, 2014

Really people?

Today was the first day that I've been back at the OfficeMax I worked at since I left a little more than two months ago.  I needed ink and paper, and the main reason I went in rather than ordering on-line was because I had cartridges I could recycle, so I could save money.
Before I left, the place was in trouble.  Very few people were doing their work including the assistant manager and some of the other supervisors.  It always fell on me or the store manager to finish the work they couldn't get done, and when the district manager came in, he ripped into me and the store manager, basically saying it was our fault the store was in such bad shape.  This was one of the main reasons I decided to leave, and then when they transferred the store manager, I decided it was definitely time to go.  I never had time to do my work, except when he would take things over and let me have the time...I knew without him, I would never get anything done, so I left.
Now I find out that after I left, a lot of the people in the store, including supervisors that I was constantly bailing out threw me under the bus...saying the store was screwed because I didn't do what I was supposed to do.  Anyone who knows me knows that this is not who I am.  However, here it is more than two months later, and some of the things I was not able to finish, still aren't done.
But, hey, it's not my problem.  I never counted those supervisors as my friends, and all I can say is that I'm much happier being gone.  I can honestly say that I've never once missed the place, and I certainly won't now.
From now on, I'll be doing my ordering on-line...probably from Staples.

No comments: