Saturday, July 17, 2010

Exhaustion creeps in

I haven't been sleeping much of late. There's just so much going on, and I seem to be having trouble keeping up with it. Rebecca is still not feeling good, so I basically don't let her help around the house anymore...and since she feels so bad, she let's me get my way (this time). That leaves just about everything to me, although the kids do help some, but unfortunately it can be more work getting them to do what needs to be done than it would be if I just did it myself.

In addition, the oldest starts 4th grade in two and a half weeks, and the youngest (soon to be middle) starts kindergarten in three and a half weeks, so we've had to get them new clothes and get all of their school supplies. Add to all of this the fact that I'm STILL trying to find a "real" job, while still trying to write, edit, and work on new products for Ephemeris, and it all starts to wear on me.

I'm not complaining, not in the least. I wouldn't trade my family for anything, but I wouldn't mind a day where all I had to do was lay around and read...that would be SO nice...and I can't remember the last time it happened.

With all of this stress, plus the severe financial stress we find ourselves in, things are just weighing on me, and it's cutting into my sleep...plus it's been pretty damn hot, and I don't like the heat!

Just so you don't think I'm doing nothing but bitching, a lot of good things have been happening. All of our baby check-ups have gone really well, which is the best news in the world. I've also started writing short fiction again, which I'm very excited about.

E-book versions of my works have also been doing pretty well. Seedlings on the Solar Winds is still in the top 20 at DriveThruSciFi, and several of my titles are now available at Smashwords...with a couple of them on sale for the rest of July.

So, think of this not as a vent, but an update...yeah, that's what it was...

No comments: