Sunday, June 06, 2010

Working, working, working

Rebecca went back to work on Thursday, so my lazy couple of weeks of work came to an end. I've posted several new titles to The Genre Mall, I've updated the Sam's Dot website, and I've gotten back to work on the revisions of Red Moon Rising.

Tyree suggested a few more changes to the book, which I'm working on, and I'm also adding a few details, thanks to the morons at BP. In the book, I've mentioned several times about oil leaks into the Gulf of Mexico, and a few early readers had mentioned that didn't seem all that plausible...but I kept them in any way. And now I get to add details from an actual spill. It's a nice little piece of synchronicity, but in truth, I'd rather it never happened. I feel so bad for the people and the animals along the Gulf. This will be an accident of epic proportions, and I think it will take a long time for the Gulf to recover...if it ever does. And I also don't think this will be the last time this happens. Government regulations on off-shore drilling have never been tight enough, and I doubt that they can really tighten them now. Big Oil owns too many politicians in Washington...sort of a theme of the novel...

I'm hoping to get the revisions back to Tyree in the next couple of weeks. Then I'm hoping we'll be going for a September release, although I think October might be more practical. If we get a September release, I'm going to try to set up one signing here in Denver before MileHiCon. After the Con, there just won't be enough time for me to do signings, since the baby is due just a couple of weeks after the Con.

No comments: