Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pain and illness

An update on the pain front.  I've been back on the meds I'm supposed to be on for just over two months now, but they don't seem to be as effective as they were before I was forced to change to another drug.  I'm still not in as much pain as I am without the meds, but I'm definitely experiencing pain...especially after a day at the "real" job.  I have to push myself so hard there that there are times that I come home and can't sleep because of the pain.  Tylenol has never really done anything for any kind of pain that I have, and I can't take any other pain relievers because they interact badly with my medication.
On the illness front, most of you don't know, but Rebecca has been dealing with a lot of sickness in the time that we've known each other...and before anyone says anything (Spencer), it's not because of being married to me.  Over the years, she's had various things diagnosed, but never anything that actually explains everything that's wrong with her.  Last week, we finally got a diagnosis that makes sense.  She's dealing with a chronic illness that she doesn't want named...and no, it's not cancer, although it does increase her risk of developing cancer.  The illness is something that she will have to deal with for the rest of her life, but at least now that we know what it is, we can hopefully get her on medication that will improve her quality of life.
Suffice it to say, that between the two of us, we will probably have many doctors visits in our future...

No comments: