Saturday, April 07, 2012

An early April update

My health is slowly improving. I'd say I'm at about 70% right now. I'm still having the pressure in my chest, and the back pain that they didn't have an explanation for.

I've been editing furiously as I try to get caught up on everything I've fallen behind on. The 2012 issue of The Martian Wave has been delivered, and we're looking at a May release. I've started gathering up e-mail addresses and putting together files that will eventually be Wondrous Web Worlds Vol. 10. This will be the best of Sam's Dot's on-line zines for the years 2009-2011. We don't have a release date yet, but I know some of the readers of this blog are contributors, so you can expect an e-mail from me some time in the next couple of weeks.

Since I've actually had free time, and I haven't been feeling up to working, I've actually had time to read a book...imagine that. I read Warren Hammond's Kop, and even though noir isn't always my thing, I think this was a great book, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Now I just have to find the time to read the rest of the series...

And for the record, Warren will be signing with me (or vice-versa) at the Broadway Book Mall on June 10th.

Assuming that the baby stays asleep for a little while longer, I'm going to start working on the new game again. I haven't touched it in a while, so I'm going to have to get back up to speed on where I am in the design process.

That's about it for now. I hope to actually start doing some fiction writing soon, but time always seems to get in the way of that one...

No comments: