Sunday, April 18, 2010

The DASFA meeting

Last night I did my presentation at the April DASFA meeting. In general, I hate speaking in public, and it probably showed. Doing all of the Cons that I've done has made it easier for me to be part of a group speaking to a crowd, but this was just little old me, and I was terribly nervous.

It was a pretty open forum talk, so I just basically decided to talk about how I got to where I am today as a writer editor and game designer. I started with when I started writing, which was basically when I learned to put a subject and predicate together, and then went from there.

Overall, I think things went fairly well. I got a few laughs at times, and when we hit the Q&A session, there were quite a few questions, so hopefully I got a few people interested in my work...

I spent a lot of time talking about the Ephemeris Role Playing Game, and people seemed genuinely interested, so hopefully we'll have a few new players with the system soon. They had a party after the meeting, and there had been talk that they'd play the game...of course, being as nervous as I was, I forgot to ask Rose if they were going to do that or not. We, of course, didn't go to the party because the youngest fell asleep during my presentation, and the oldest was on her way towards sleepy town as well.

Speaking of Rose, she really surprised us by presenting us with wedding gifts. We weren't expecting anything like that until the reception, but it was incredibly nice of her...but then we've come to expect that from her.

During the Q&A there were a lot of questions about small press publishing, and specifically Sam's Dot Publishing...so, if you're reading this Tyree, you might expect a few more submissions in the near future. Also had one question about Flying Pen Press, and I strongly recommended them as well.

Overall, it was a lot of fun, and I hope that the members of DASFA didn't feel like they'd wasted an hour of their lives...

No comments: