Thursday, June 07, 2007

Still alive

Nothing much to report here. I'm off today, so I'm basically spending the day icing the ribs hoping they get better...it doesn't seem to be working. I'm beginning to think that the reality is that I'm going to have to find a desk job of some kind, which will probably mean customer service...not exactly my first choice for a job, Subway is actually better, but my health has to take precedence over everything...

No writing news to report...it's been kind of quiet on that front since I've gone back to work...but I'll learn how to budget my time again one of these days...

5 comments:

Cellophane Queen said...

I'll suggest guru.com, J. I get a project about every week. I haven't bid on them because the fit wasn't right or I'm too lazy (probably the latter), but try listing yourself in your writer, editor capacity. Maybe you can continue sitting on your butt in front of the computer and collect some pay for doing it.

J Alan Erwine said...

Actually, I'm already on guru, and I've found most of those jobs aren't worth the time. There was one guy who wanted 20 500 word articles, and I think he was willing to pay $30.

Come on! I have to admit that I'm willing to take crappy pay for fiction, because I love writing fiction, and I just want to get my work out there...but for non-fiction, people had better come up with some money...

Cellophane Queen said...

Yeah, I know. I write fiction for next to nothin' but I did get big bucks for technical writing. I'd think some of those projects would be worth your time. That one you mention does suck. Still, my Disney partner found an illustrator for our kids' guide to the Magic Kingdom. She paid him pretty well for art. I never looked too hard at the writing gigs.

Cellophane Queen said...

Yahoo! J? Are you still still alive?

Are you getting better?

J Alan Erwine said...

I'm still alive, and still in a lot of pain...not much changes...