Wednesday, March 20, 2013

There's something waiting for me in my dreams

When doctors put people on medications that manipulate the neurotransmitter levels, they don't really tell you about the side-effects...or at least my doctor didn't.  And he certainly didn't let me in on what I'd go through after I was off of the medication.
I've been off of the meds for almost a week and now I'm suffering from some extremely severe insomnia.  Even worse than the insomnia is when I do sleep.  I have horrible dreams and nightmares about the death of loved ones, and other equally horrible things.  Needless to say, this leaves me quite exhausted by morning, and that along with the withdrawal symptoms leaves me feeling very unlike myself.  Luckily, I know that it's the meds doing this, so I'm not suffering the depression that this could easily cause, but I'm certainly not feeling like myself.
Not to worry anyone though, I'm not planning on doing anything stupid...just waiting impatiently to be myself again...

No comments: