Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm leaving Sam's Dot

After a great deal of "soul" searching, I've decided to leave Sam's Dot.  I was recently promoted at my "real" job, and that has cut into my family time, and pretty much eliminated my writing time, which was down to almost nothing already.  So after a lot of thought, I've decided to say good bye to SDP.
It wasn't an easy decision, as I've spent more than a decade editing for them and for their predecessor ProMart Writing Lab, but I think it was the right decision.  I need more time to write, and I certainly can't take more time away from my family...so there it is.
I won't be leaving editing completely behind.  I will still be doing editing for Nomadic Delirium Press.  In fact, The Fifth Di... and The Martian Wave, which I've been editing since the ProMart days will be coming along with me to NDP.  The Fifth Di... will probably be converted into an inexpensive downloadable e-zine, and The Martian Wave will continue on as a print zine, although I would imagine that I'll have to run a Kickstarter just to get it off the ground.
So, it's an end and a new beginning all in one.  Most importantly, I think it's what will make me truly happy, and ultimately, that's what's important.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These kinds of decisions can certainly be difficult. Sounds like you've made a good call for you. Good luck, J!