Wednesday, January 23, 2013

About time!

We had to take my oldest daughter in for a vaccination today, so while we were there, I decided to ask if my doctor could come up with a new surgical consult for me, since the previous surgeon wasn't even returning my calls.  Would you believe it?  About one hour after we left, the surgeon called me...
The diagnosis is that there's no definite fracture in any of the ribs, although he does believe one of the ribs is causing the popping that I can feel and hear coming from my chest.  Unfortunately, there is no way to tell which rib it is, so he can't go in and remove it, for fear of removing the wrong rib.  He did say that there is fracturing in the cartilage on that side of my rib cage, but there's no way to surgically fix it...so I'm stuck with being on neural suppressants...probably for the rest of my life...


No comments: