Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

Another Christmas has come and gone.  I've always loved Christmas.  I love the lights, and I love the music...well, most of the music.  And now that I have kids, I love to watch them open gifts on Christmas morning.  I, of course, don't celebrate Christmas as the birth of Christ, but rather as a time to reflect on the year's events, and to spend time with friends and family.
Although I have a great family with my wife and kids, I have to admit that I miss my mom, dad, brothers, and sister...as they're all spread across the country, so we rarely see each other, and I can't even remember the last time I saw any of them on Christmas.  This year was especially bittersweet, as I know that any day now my maternal grandmother, and the last of my grandparents, will probably pass away.
Still, with all of the mixed emotions, I have to admit that it was a great Christmas, especially when Rebecca realized that the BIG gift I'd been teasing her about was Bon Jovi tickets...she's a HUGE fan.
I hope all of you had a great whatever holiday you celebrate.

No comments: