Sunday, June 24, 2012

The rough draft is done

I just completed the writing of the rough draft of the new game, which will be titled The Battle for Turtle Island: Buffalo Wars.  The first part of the title is the actual name of the game, while this edition will feature rules for the Buffalo Wars supplement.  Sounds confusing...it's not.

The initial draft has come in at just over 40,000 words, and I know it will grow dramatically when I revise it, as there needs to be more detail added in several sections, and I left the pricing of the goods section basically blank, since I haven't figured out such things as how much a tent cost in the mid to late 19th century.

I actually started writing the game on April 10th, and it's now June 24th.  So, in about two and a half months, I managed to crank out over 40,000 words...and it is over that because I erased a big chunk and then re-did it.  That's not a bad bit of productivity considering that I couldn't work on the game every day.

Just imagine what I might accomplish if I didn't have to have a "real" job.

Now I'm going to let it sit for about a week, and then it will be into the revisions.


No comments: