Monday, December 26, 2011

Thinking about a new RPG

I've been playing with the idea of creating a new RPG. This one would be a fantasy game set during the colonization/conquest of America. It would contain a lot of the actual facts of that era, but in the game, magic would be real...opening up a lot of potential alternate histories.

Although I'm thinking about this, I'm not convinced that I actually want to do it. The game would take A LOT of work, and it would be very challenging. I'm not really sure if I can devote the time that I would need to such an endeavor. For my writing friends out there, it may be hard to believe, but I actually think creating an RPG is a lot harder than creating a novel. With a novel, you just have a few plot lines. With an RPG, you have to be able to consider as many plot lines as possible, because every player is different.

It's a thought...we'll see if it leads to anything...

No comments: