Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sleep deprivation

I'm having a lot of trouble adjusting to having the baby in the house and working early in the morning. My new job starts at 6 am every day, so I have to be up at 4:30, and of course, anyone who has ever had a baby will tell you that they don't sleep through the night.

At first, Rebecca was doing a lot of the staying up with her because she was still on maternity leave, but she went back to work last night...and Alexis was not too happy about it. We had a very rough night with her basically screaming for hours on end. So, I didn't get to sleep until Rebecca got home at midnight.

Tonight's been a much better night so far. Normally she wants to be held whenever she's sleeping, but I've been splitting time between that and putting her in the car seat next to my desk and gently rocking her. She hasn't had any fits yet, and she seems quite happy...so it seems to be working.

Needless to say, trying to adjust to her and the job has meant that my writing and editing have suffered a lot, but I'll get back into the swing of things in the next week or two, and then everything will be back to normal...or as normal as it ever is in my life...

No comments: