Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's Tour Time!!!

That's right folks, the Tour de France starts this Saturday in London, and they're expecting between a quarter and a half million people for the first day alone. I know a lot of people have been down on cycling because of all of the doping problems they've been having, but I think the truth of the matter is that all sports have major drug problems, and cycling is just the one that's really going after the problem. Plus, cycling is a hard ass sport, and that's probably why so many of the riders have turned to drugs.

Granted, we still don't actually know who won last year's Tour, and as a result, the race has decided to not give out a number 1 this year. Normally the previous winner, or the top rider from the previous year wears the number 1, but this time they've decided to start the numbering with 11, which I think is fair.

If you're interested in watching a video that shows some of what I like about cycling, you can go to...YouTube, and watch some highlights from 2005.

Also, although I don't think anyone will take me up on this, if you're interested in challenging me in the Fantasy Tour (it's like fantasy football), you can go to Velogames and pick a team.

Sadly, this will probably be the final Tour for Bobby Julich, who I used to race against here in Colorado. He'll probably retire at the end of this year...and that makes me feel old...

No comments: