Saturday, September 19, 2009

We lost another dog

On Thursday, we had to put our oldest's 17 year old Cocker Spaniel, Coco, down. He'd been in their family for four years, and he was a very sweet dog. Unfortunately, time just caught up with him. The vet thinks it was kidney or liver failure, but there really wasn't anything we could do for him at that age.

The oldest was sad, but she took it better than her mom and I did...and she definitely took it better than I did when my dog was hit by a car when I was in third grade. I missed something like three days of school because I was so upset...

1 comment:

Keith said...

17 years old is amazing for a dog. You have been very lucky. I am always upset that our dog and cat friends live such short lives. I would prefer their company for a lifetime over most of my human acquaintances.
Heinlein at the end of his days did not want any more cats because it was too painful to outlive one, or worse yet, have one outlive him.