Sunday, July 22, 2007

Update

I haven't been around much, so I thought I'd at least drop in with a brief update to let you all know that I am indeed still alive. Contrary to Keith's theories, I was not the gunman at the capital here in Denver who claimed to be the Emperor of the World. Although it is true that I sometimes think I should be the Emperor of the World, I never actually have delusions that I am...somehow I think I could do a better job than the current nitwits running various countries...including our own.

The gunman who wanted to "meet" with Governor Ritter actually did live just a couple of miles from me, and he bought the tuxedo he was wearing just a couple of blocks from my apartment. I would never harm Governor Ritter...he's an old friend of my dad's...so that wouldn't be good for familial relations. I think it is important to note that the guy thought he was on a mission from God...religion at work once again.

As for me, nothing much is really going on. I'm still working a lot, and I'm still having trouble adapting. Plus the pain in my ribs is only getting worse. So, I haven't done any writing in a while...although part of the reason why I'm not writing is because I can't find the time, and that's mostly my fault. I have a couple of friends who are going through a rough spot, and I'm the kind of person who tries to be there for people...but in all honesty, one of the main reasons I can't find time is because the Tour de France has been such a damn great race this year! It will be over in a week, and hopefully I won't come up with another excuse for writing, because that's really all it is. Or is it writer's block...not really sure. I just know that I can't seem to string words together right now to form stories...hell, I don't even blog as much as I'd like.

There's not much more to report. I'm just hoping the re-release of A Problem in Translation by Sam's Dot will sell some more copies.

No comments: