Friday, July 13, 2007

Day off

After seven straight days, I have today and tomorrow off. I basically feel like someone took a baseball bat to my ribs, but I guess I'll survive. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much...there's a guy in the Tour de France who crashed yesterday, fracturing his coccyx. He finished the stage, and proceeded to ride today's 200km stage. I can't even imagine what it would be like to sit on a super hard racing saddle with a broken coccyx. The pain has to be unbelievable, and tomorrow they ride into the Alps, so I'm sure that's going to hurt even more.

I'll try to come up with some more interesting posts later...I just wanted to make sure you all knew I was still alive...

2 comments:

Spencer said...

two days off to watch the tour is not a bad thing...especially for you!

Cellophane Queen said...

Hang in there. Don't laugh too hard at the Stewart vid. It'll hurt your ribs.

I hope the cyclist isn't making a terrible mistake by continuing. My own experience with the ol' broken tail one is a lifetime of back pain. Mine was untreated and only discovered much later. Maybe if something was done at the time (who knows what?), I'd not have osteoarthritis now.