Sunday, April 23, 2006

One more day of vacation

Tomorrow will be the last day of my vacation, and damn has it been productive. I would estimate that I've written close to 15,000 words in the last four days. I've also managed to work out a few of the bugs in the book that doesn't want to get written. Damn it feels good.
However, on Tuesday I have to go back to work, and I'll bet I get to write once a week if I'm lucky...so obviously there's a horribly strong feeling of dread as that day approaches.
Why do we have to live in a world where we have to chose money over happiness. I know that if I had more time to write, I'd be much happier, and I could make something of it. I don't know if I'd ever achieve the professional level, but I could do more than I'm doing now, and I know I'd be happier, which has to count for something.
Instead, I'm forced to do a job I hate just so I can pay my bills...and then one day I'll die...you have to ask if it's really worth it or not..............

No comments: