Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Final MileHiCon Post...for now

I'm going to sum everything else up in one posting, as I'm getting tired of writing these things. As with the last few, if you really want this to make sense, scroll down to the entry titled "MileHiCon first post," and then read up from there.

Saturday night ended with a party for Tales of the Talisman. Crazy bunch of people, and unfortunately, there was a camera there, so I'm sure those pictures will be surfacing at some point. I have a feeling the Charlies Angels picture will haunt me til the day I die. If I can get my hands on the photos, I'll post them on my site, and maybe some really obnoxious ones here.

Sunday morning then came too early. I hit a couple of panels during the day, and hung out in the dealers' room, and spent a lot of time talking to people I'd met during the weekend.

As the Con was coming to a close, I realized that I'd almost managed to cover my expenses with the books I'd sold (not bad for only my second Con,) so I decided I wanted to go out and celebrate. Dawn Stanley was in the dealers' room at the time, so I invited her to dinner. (That doesn't necessarily sound good...the way that's phrased...makes it sound like I was stuck with her, but that's not what I was trying to say. I was more than happy to take her to dinner.)

In a strange twist of fate, Ed Bryant, a friend of Dawn's and a multi-award winning author, ended up going to dinner with us...and dinner lasted a looooooooooong time, but we had a great time...other than Dawn spilling her iced tea all over me.

Then the Con was over, and now I'm looking for a new Con, so if you know of some, let me know. I have a few in mind for next year, but I haven't finalized any plans yet.

And in a note to fellow writer Keith Graham...I hope these postings save a lot of kittens!!! He'll understand, but the rest of you won't...

As an epilogue to the whole MileHiCon extravaganza, I've gotten a lot of great e-mails from people I've met there. A few people have added links to my site on theirs, and it looks like I might be doing a book signing at Who Else Books sometime next year. I'll keep everyone informed as I get more information.

If you can't tell...This was one of the best experiences of my life...even returning to the job that's too dreadful to mention hasn't been able to kill my spirit yet...but give it time...it will...

2 comments:

Keith said...

I check your blog everyday. You worry too much about readabilty. People are used to reading blogs backwards.

Good stuff - I enjoyed all of it.

But...

I need pictures. Buy a cheap digital camera and start uploading the pictures.

KPG

J Alan Erwine said...

I had a camera with me, but I didn't have anyone to take pictures, and I was too busy having a good time to think about it.

There was a camera at the Talisman party, and those pictures worry me. There were cameras at some of the panels as well, so there may still be some pictures coming.