Friday, September 23, 2005

The Gaia Theory

I'm sure that most of you are familiar with the Gaia theory...the idea that the Earth is actually a living organism. O.K., that's a bit simplistic, but it gives you the general idea.
Those of you who actually know me know that I'm an environmentalist, although not a believer in the Gaia theory.
Still, one has to wonder after Katrina and now Rita, does the Earth have a plan for us. The increase in hurricanes and the increase in their intensities of late is almost certainly a result of global warming, and now these two beasts have taken aim at America's oil refineries, with fossil fuels being one of the leading contributors to global warming. Coincidence?

It has to make you wonder.

O.K. Maybe it doesn't, but I thought I should put something a little more interesting up.

No comments: